Michigan Biosciences Industry Association (MichBio)
MichBio is the non-profit, member-based, trade association for the biosciences industry in Michigan. The Association represents and serves the interests of the pharmaceutical, medical devices, research and testing, agricultural and industrial biotechnology, bioscience distribution and logistics, and bioscience informatics and healthcare information technology sectors. MichBio provides services and products, education and programming, business-to-business resources, branding and promotion, and advocacy to its members, partners, and broader community, in an effort to drive bio-industry growth statewide.
The organization seeks a highly motivated and skilled colleague who can work productively in a small team and flexible work-life environment.
Administrative Services Manager (Full-Time)
As Administrative Services Manager you will be responsible for running the daily administrative, financial, and operational support of the Association. This is an entry- to mid-level position that reports directly to the President and CEO and assists the work of leadership and staff in delivering on MichBio’s targeted and strategic goals.
- Responsible for smooth and efficient Association office operations and procedures including but not limited to reception, general incoming/outgoing communications, and correspondence, maintaining the CEO’s calendar and external commitments, routine notetaking, and preparation of relevant materials for Committees, Board of Directors and their meetings, and activities related to the Association’s governance.
- Conduct the overall accounting and bookkeeping for the Association including accounts payable and receivable, inventory and capitol assets, banking and payroll functions, external contracts and grants, vendor relations, and regular financial reconciliation and reporting in support of the annual budget process, Board reports, and tax filings.
- Support the Membership Director with member relations including direct engagement, existing and new account administration, customer service and information.
- Support the integrity of the Association’s data in the Association Management Software (AMS)/Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform, fulfill data requests and analysis queries, maintain client mailing lists, and provide reports as appropriate.
- Support the Marketing & Communications Director by assisting in event planning and logistics, collateral development and deployment, as well as marketing initiatives focused on recruitment, retention and relationships.
- External research, datamining and any other necessary activities to support external contracts and grant programs.
- Other duties, consistent with this position, as assigned.
You should have a university/college degree in business, accounting, public administration or related field and a minimum of three years of experience, or no degree and extensive practice, with bookkeeping and/or administrative duties. A demonstrated background in non-profit or non-governmental organizations (e.g., think tank, lobbying group, political organization, academic institution), especially member-based groups and in AMS/CRMs and client relationships, is highly desirable. You should exhibit good written and oral communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and quality control. You must be a motivated thinker and doer, as well as being able to quickly learn new subject matter. Lastly, and not inconsequentially, you must have a high level of personal and professional integrity and be a fun personality willing to give and take with the rest of the team in the collective commitment to the goals and values of MichBio.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and can work independently, as well as collaboratively, in a small team environment to deliver on Association goals.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills who takes ownership and can drive activities to completion, while being flexible and creative in the face of possible challenge and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated experience or a willingness for intensive training in basic bookkeeping, payroll and accounting processes, and especially the Intuit QuickBooks accounting software.
- Familiarity with AMS/CRMs like Neon and data management processes.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders including Association members, Board of Directors, statewide biosciences community, policymakers, media, general public, and others.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org