Perform advanced cost accounting analyses to establish and maintain the material, labor and overhead costs, in a batch processing environment, to play a critical role in creating quotes/estimates for both production and business development opportunities, and monitor and evaluate actual versus planned performance. Participate in financial and administrating oversight.
- Establish and maintain standard unit costs for raw materials, components and finished goods.
- Calculate overhead rates.
- Review and evaluate cost impacts to Bill of Material changes.
- Evaluate and maintain accurate inventory values and inventory reserves.
- Provide management reporting to present costs impacts, margin reports and profitability by product.
- Participate in the monthly closing process as defined and developed to insure timely and accurate financial reporting of results.
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations and analysis of cost of sales, inventory and inventory reserve.
- Understanding and review of monthly financial statements and detail expense analysis.
- Fixed asset management.
- Assist in audits and general ledger preparation.
- Assist in the budgeting/forecasting process.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- Proven experience in the role of Cost Accountant.
- 3-4 years experience in a manufacturing environment, pharmaceutical industry a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of cost accounting procedures.
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year-end close procedures.
- Advanced Excel skills, including v-lookups and pivot tables.
- Possess good analytical and math quantitative skills.
- Experience developing financial reporting and analysis.
- ERP implementation experience a plus.
EO Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled
WFH - Flexible Schedule, Medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, vacation and holiday pay
Competitive salary based on experience