Are you interested in working on projects that have a real world impact? At DNA Software, you will be part of a dynamic team that develops best-in-class software to more accurately detect and diagnose diseases such as cancer, genetic diseases, and infectious diseases.
We are looking for a Devops Engineer to manage our evolving enterprise web application portal used by researchers and companies worldwide to design and analyze biological diagnostics at large scale. The right candidate would be interested in designing and developing a scalable cloud pipeline architecture, as well as owning production-level systems/methods to help develop, deploy, and maintain improvements to our terrestrial and AWS (Amazon Web Services) tech-stack. 2+ years industry experience is essential.
The main responsibilities for this position are…
- Primary responsibility for ensuring the web portal and backend systems are fully operational.
- Propose/design/develop/demonstrate/deploy innovations that provide scalability, extensibility, and robustness of production systems.
- Own the production release process to ensure updates satisfy quality assurance criteria.
- Collaborate with and guide the development team on best practices for development of production-grade software.
- Develop/maintain continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD) systems for automated testing and deployment of company software.
- Work with internal and external customers to identify/track production system performance issues and their resolution.
Proficiency in the following key technologies is required…
- Amazon Web Services (specifically including EC2, S3, RDS, and IAM)
- Java EE, JSF, BASH
Experience with the following technologies is preferred:
- JBoss AS / Wildfly
In addition, experience developing scalable systems and architectures is essential. We are a bioinformatics company, but knowledge of biology is not a requirement for this position.
Relocation is expected for mixed on-site/at-home work, but a fully remote presence may be considered for the right candidate.
Health care, yearly bonus, company shares