For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a Digitalization Co-Op for our Safety Assessment Digital Organization as a remote opportunity. As a Digitization Intern, you will collaborate with the Global SA Team, including DSA operations and commercial teams to produce a wide variety of deliverables focusing on digitalization of our business. Your insightful contribution and fresh perspective will help develop and expand our initiatives and assist you with acquiring coding/automation skills and the knowledge of various digital/operational strategies.
An Internship/Co-op at Charles River Labs provides real world, hands-on experience for college students looking to gain knowledge and skills required for your career field of choice, while giving you an unparalleled internship experience. We are dedicated to ensuring our Co-op/Intern population can experience the ability to Grow, Perform, and Succeed during their time on board. The Digitalization Co-Op will be responsible for:
- Design, develop & document workflows on Office 365 using the Power Platform from Microsoft with a view to provide/consume data within the MS ecosystem and speed flow of data using process automation across both mobile and desktop computing
- Data analytics and engineering to support existing reporting or to create new reports and dashboards
- Front end development using HTML/CSS/JS or similar
- Technical writing of user stories and supporting documentation for product owners or business analysts
- Testing of digital applications within an agile team
- Establishing relationships with key stakeholders on individual project teams
The following are the minimum requirements related to the Digitalization Co-Op position:
- Student currently enrolled (or recent graduate) in an accredited college/university degree program (Undergrad or Graduate)
- Completion of Sophomore year
- Ability to fulfill a minimum of a 3–6-month Co-op
- Effective communication and listening skills in a teamwork environment
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects with a strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required
- Some experience in coding, Java, C++, SQL, C#, .NET, or HTML (all are not required)
- Experience working in Microsoft Office 365, specifically SharePoint and the Power Platform, preferred
- Experience with successfully transforming a manual process into an automated process is a plus
- Creativity and ability to learn new technologies quickly and ability to work independently and be proactive is required
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We require proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition (crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 18,000 employees within 100 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of >80% of the drugs approved by the FDA for the past 3 years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.