Quality, Service, Collaboration, Courage
Do you exhibit these values and wish to be around others that do too? Are you interested in making a difference in your community and the world? Are you looking for a place where you can grow and learn in a diverse, community-minded culture?
The Process and Product Support Specialist works within the Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) department. This position’s primary responsibility is to manage new equipment implementation and the technical responsibilities of the client manufacturing processes at Grand River Aseptic Manufacturing (GRAM). This includes the interpretation of client supplied documentation (i.e. batch records, product inserts, product proposal, work orders, etc.) and translating manufacturing and finishing requirements into GRAM specific batch records, specifications and procedures. Leads and/or works within cross-functional teams to support product scale-up, development and technical transfer to support Project Management, Manufacturing, Finishing, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Business Development, and Validation. Examples of responsibilities include:
- Conduct the identification and transfer of manufacturing processes from early-stage development through transition to commercial manufacturing.
- Conduct the identification and transfer of finishing processes (Terminal Sterilization, Inspection, Labeling and Packaging) from engineering through commercial finishing.
- Conduct new equipment and materials identification, evaluation, and procurement in support of new products, product scale up, and process improvements.
- Create and/or revise documentation in support of deviations, quality investigation and corrective actions.
- Work with Manufacturing, Finishing, Engineering, and Quality personnel to solve difficult technical problems, with Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in aspects of manufacturing and/or finishing environment.
- Recommend materials and component applications for new products (i.e. product contact material, filters, tubing, vials, stoppers, caps, cartons, labels, shippers, etc.).
- Directly support production with subject matter expertise to increase efficiency, solve problems, and troubleshoot issues.
- Prepare and conduct unassisted training of Manufacturing and Quality personnel for new product introduction, protocol execution and unique manufacturing processes.
Full job description available during formal interview process.
Knowledge of project management techniques and tools. Completion of a bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or related field is required. A minimum of 2-5 years’ related work experience in a pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and/or biotechnology manufacturing environment. Experience and expertise in aseptic manufacturing of regulated products with a thorough understanding of cGMP, FDA guidelines and multinational regulatory standards is preferred. Minimum of 2 years in an aseptic pharmaceutical manufacturing and/or finishing environment. Minimum of one (1) year work experience in the capacity of MSAT or Technical Services preferred.
What sets GRAM apart from other employers:
BENEFITS Starting day 1! Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical and dental with the company paying for 75% of the cost is available to you and your family on your first day of work. We also offer vision, life, disability, a 401(k) program, and off-shift premiums.
Paid VOLUNTEERISM Starting day 1! GRAM encourages giving back to your community by offering 16 hours of volunteer time per calendar year.
PTO! Full-time employees accrue up to 3 weeks of time off per calendar year. You choose how to use this time for your vacation, sick, or mental health needs!
HOLIDAYS: We celebrate diversity in offering 8 paid holidays per calendar year.
Pay: Depends on Experience
Grand River Aseptic Manufacturing