Quality, Service, Collaboration, Courage. Do you exhibit these values and wish to be around others that do too? Are you interested in making a difference in your community and the world? Are you looking for a place where you can grow and learn in a diverse, community-minded culture? If these statements resonate with you, Grand River Aseptic Manufacturing (GRAM) welcomes you to apply to join our community of dedicated individuals improving lives every day.
Overview of this Position:
The Microbiology Technician supports quality control and assurance by assisting the microbiology department with environmental monitoring, water testing, and client specific testing.
· An associate degree (or High School diploma/GED) with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a laboratory environment.
· Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and efficiency.
· Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Bachelor’s degree in microbiology or a related field and 0-2 years’ related work experience.
· Knowledge of quality control and assurance principles and procedures in a pharma, biopharma, and/or biotech manufacturing environment.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Perform sampling of compressed gas, water, and pure steam to support manufacturing activities.
- Perform Environmental Monitoring of isolator and supporting areas.
- Maintain laboratory equipment – cleaning and calibration.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly lab maintenance and stocks supplies.
- Receive incoming samples for testing.
- Assist with incoming material testing and inventory.
- Maintain good practices with regards to processes and/or internal conditions leading to an aseptic environment.
- Maintain laboratory logbooks and other forms.
Full job description available during formal interview process.
What Sets GRAM Apart from Other Employers:
MEDICAL BENEFITS starting day 1: Blue Cross Blue Shield medical and dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits are available to you and your family on your first day of work, with the company paying for 75% of the cost! Once eligible for the 401(k) program, all your contributions are immediately 100% vested, and you are immediately vested in GRAM contributions as well. We also offer generous off-shift premiums!
Paid VOLUNTEERISM starting day 1: GRAM encourages giving back to our community by offering 16 hours of paid volunteer time per calendar year!
PTO: Full-time employees accrue up to 17 days of time off per calendar year. You choose how to use this time for your vacation, sick, or mental health needs!
PAID HOLIDAYS: We offer 8 paid holidays per calendar year with immediate eligibility!
PAY: Depends on Experience and is discussed during the interview process. Shift differential available for second and third shift!
If you meet the required criteria listed above, GRAM welcomes you to apply today!
Grand River Aseptic Manufacturing