Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Cayman Chemical Company supplies scientists worldwide with the resources necessary for advancing human and animal health. We offer a vast product catalog that is constantly growing to meet the needs of our clients. Additionally, we provide service programs that include comprehensive solutions to drive clients’ projects to completion.
Our mission is to make research possible. That starts by employing a talented and highly qualified group of experts that develop the tools to support research scientists.
Currently, we are looking to add a Scientist I to the team:
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work cooperatively in assay design and development as part of a team environment including biologists, biochemists, and organic chemists.
- Plan and perform diverse organic syntheses and bioconjugations, purifications, and characterizations for assay development, production, and other relevant applications.
- Record complete, current, and accurate details of all experiments, techniques, procedures, and results in a laboratory notebook.
- Present progress reports, proposals, and project updates at group and departmental meetings.
- Keep current with relevant scientific topics by reading scientific literature with accuracy and understanding.
- Attend or present at conferences and write trip reports.
- Author and coauthor manuscripts for peer review and publication in high impact journals.
- Education: Master’s or Doctorate degree in Chemistry or Life Sciences
- Experience: 3+ years (with Master’s), none (with Ph.D.)
- Computer Skills: Functional knowledge of ChemDraw, SciFinder, and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated proficiency in organic chemistry synthesis and biochemical/cell biology techniques
- Able to work primarily on R&D projects with independence
- Availability to work on-site in Ann Arbor during normal business hours
- Demonstrate Cayman’s Core Values – Integrity, Collaboration, Teamwork, Learning, and Excellence
What we Provide:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time-off (4 weeks) for vacations, sick and/or personal reasons
- Over 10 paid holidays per year, including the week of 12/24 through 1/1
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Debt Payment Program
- Life and disability insurance plans
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care (FSA)
- Fun employee events all year long
- Flexible work schedules
- Employee assistance program
- Casual dress
- Onsite Gym Facility
Cayman Chemical Company