Are you interested in working on projects that have a real world impact? At DNA Software, you will be part of a dynamic team that develops best-in-class software to more accurately detect and diagnose diseases such as cancer, genetic diseases, and infectious diseases.
We are looking for a software engineer to help grow our evolving enterprise web application portal used by researchers and companies worldwide to design and analyze biological diagnostics at large scale. The right candidate would be interested in developing front-end and middle-ware pipelines that collects user inputs, executes large-scale simulation software in the cloud, and delivers results back to the customer. Good software design and development practices are needed to maintain pipeline performance and the quality of results. 2+ years industry experience is essential.
The main responsibilities for this position are…
- Design and development of Python applications to meet company goals.
- Design and development of core algorithms for generating and evaluating designs for customers.
- Develop REST-API integrations for DNAS product components and services.
- Assist in development of automated methods for DNAS software testing, product builds and deployments upon successful merging of feature branches.
- Participate in activities that enable AGILE software development that increase the efficiency, collaboration, visibility, and customer satisfaction of development team efforts.
Proficiency in the following key technologies is required…
- Advanced Python skills, including packaging
Experience with the following technologies is preferred…
- Amazon Web Services (specifically including EC2, S3, RDS, and IAM)
- Python WebUI libraries such as Flask or Django
In addition, experience in production-level software development and support is essential. We are a bioinformatics company, but knowledge of biology is not a requirement for this position.
Relocation is expected for mixed on-site/at-home work, but a fully remote presence may be considered for the right candidate.
Health care, yearly bonus, company shares