At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
There’s never been a more exciting time to be on the Enterprise Data Analytics team at Charles River Labs! Charles River Labs is embarking on a reimagination of how we do business through a digital journey. Data Science will play a critical role in this process to help unlocking the value of data. If you are passionate about building the algorithmic systems that impact the decision-making process, drive our business, and enhance customer experience, this job may be for you! This role will be responsible for end-to-end analysis, model development, validation, implementation, and support mission critical applications. You will work collaboratively, in a consultative way, across the business units, advising on best approaches to leveraging data science in the most effective and efficient manner. You will also work closely with the Data Engineering team and DataOps team to drive automation of data science findings into the data stream. If you want to drive innovation and make a difference, we want to talk to you!
• Work closely with key business partners to understand opportunities to drive optimization and enable quality decisions using machine learning and other analytical methods to make a positive impact on business outcomes.
• Build machine learning models (Linear and Logistic regression, Gradient Boosting, Random Forest, Neural nets etc.) from development, validation, through to deployment in production
• Work closely with product managers, software engineers as well as business partners to actively participate in design thinking session
• Build and support models that power mission critical applications
• Ensure technical solutions follow best practices, are reliable, are easily maintainable and are scalable under sustained peak load
• Participate in design and code reviews
• Present innovative ideas on how to apply data science to grow the business
Essential Qualifications / Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in computer science, statistics, operations research, applied mathematics, applied physics or related discipline
• 7+ years of related experience in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics or related field
• Advanced understanding of data science, statistical concepts, and machine learning techniques
• 5+ year hands on experience processing and analyzing large data sets
• 3+ year experience with the full Machine Learning product lifecycle process and able to take the initiative in making sure deadlines and requirements are met
• 5+ year experience working with development toolsets such as SQL, Pyspark, Python, R, Scala
• 2+ year experience with PyTorch, TensorFlow or any major ML framework
• 2+ year experience with NLP technologies
• 3+ year experience working in Cloud computing Environments such as GCP AWS or Azure (Preferred)
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills to translate the findings into business recommendations through rich data visualization
• Familiar with Agile methodologies and tools
• Self-driven, able to work independently or within a team setting
• MS in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics or related field
• Hands on experience in Computer Vision
• Familiar with BI tools like Power BI
• Experience working in data and analytics in the Life Sciences industry
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.