|We are seeking Veterinary Pathololgist 1, Veterinary Pathologist 2 and Sr. Veterinary Pathologists for our Safety Assessment business at Multiple Locations in the U.S.
Responsible for independently performing gross and microscopic evaluation of tissues, recording results, preparing reports delineating pathological findings, and assisting with necropsy supervision. With minimal supervision, work with customers as needed to market company services and to assure customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• With minimal supervision, interact with clients to assure satisfaction and to market services.
• Perform macroscopic and microscopic tissue evaluation and interpretation of assigned studies.
• Assist with necropsy supervision and may conduct necropsies, including gross pathology interpretation, sample collection and fixation.
• Enter pathology findings in data capturing system(s).
• Write comprehensive report narratives detailing all test article effects. As needed, work with study directors to ensure data is accurately integrated into study reports.
• May serve as a study director or principal investigator.
• May function as a peer review pathologist or may participate in a pathology working group (PWG).
• Provide training, technical guidance and leadership to laboratory staff and may provide training, guidance, and leadership to less experienced pathologists.
• May serve as a consultant in pathology-related issues.
• May provide scientific expertise for experimental design and other aspects of research studies as needed.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet