Michigan’s biosciences industry has significant assets and a long legacy in research, discovery, development, and manufacturing. It has a strong cluster nationally with demonstrated growth but one who’s stature and size is slipping relative to other regions, even those with smaller industry footprints.
Challenges abound – sustaining a talent pipeline, ensuring a supportive business climate, spurring innovation, and commercialization, fostering a strong investment landscape, developing essential infrastructure, and above all, creating a long-term, collaborative vision for growth. Bio-industry leaders and policymakers will share insights and explore the possibilities of how Michigan can become a leader in the life sciences once again.
All Roundtable Panelists have been pre-selected to represent Michigan's life sciences sectors and geographic hubs.
- Hon. Gretchen Whitmer, Governor, State of Michigan
- Julie Rogers, State Representative and Co-Chair, Michigan Biosciences Legislative Caucus
- Douglas Wozniak, State Representative and Co-Chair, Michigan Biosciences Legislative Caucus
- Sam Singh, State Senator and Co-Chair, Michigan Biosciences Legislative Caucus
- Mark Huizenga, State Senator and Co-Chair, Michigan Biosciences Legislative Caucus
- Quentin Messer, Jr, CEO, Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Gary Abusamra, CEO, Oxus America (Auburn Hills)
- Christy Bigelow, Site Head and VP, Emergent BioSolutions (Lansing)
- Connie Chang, COO, ONL Therapeutics (Ann Arbor)
- Lisa Crandall, Site Head and Senior Director, Pace Life Sciences (Wixom)
- Dylan Crotty, President, Stryker Instruments (Kalamazoo)
- Robert Donofrio, PhD, CSO, Neogen (Lansing)
- Javier Evelyn, Founder and CEO, Alerje (Detroit)
- Valerie Obenchain, Founder and CEO, AIRS (Newaygo)
- Adam Paltzer, VP Business Development, Able Medical Device (Marquette)
- Rob Polzer, PhD, EVP, Research & Development, Zoetis (Kalamazoo)
- Braden Robison, CEO, Arbor Assays (Ann Arbor)
- Ashlea Souffrou, Founder and CEO, SxanPro (Grand Rapids)
- Robert Stachlewitz, PhD, Site Head and CVP, Charles River Labs (Mattawan)
- Manoj Zalpuri, VP and Site Head, Piramal Pharma Solutions (Detroit)
- Stephen Rapundalo, PhD, President and CEO, MichBio
GUEST ADMISSION INFORMATION
Registration for the audience is by invitation only and is limited to C-Suite or Executive leadership.
All audience guests and Roundtable Panelists are invited to stay for the reception following the Roundtable discussion.
- Audience Guest - $139 (Nonmember)
- Audience Guest - $99 (MichBio member)
- Legislators - Complimentary
Space is limited. Preference will be given to those organizations with a Michigan research or manufacturing presence.
SPONSOR OPPORTUNITY - $500
- Includes two (2) registrations for the audience
- Organization listed as a sponsor, and recognized at the event and in social media promotions.
Attendance and Sponsorship funds the Roundtable event; no proceeds will go to a political contribution for any person or party.